- Learn all aspects of the food and beverage operations, restaurant and banquet service.
- Assist in preparing food for service (e.g. chop vegetables, butcher meat, or prepare sauces)
- Assist in preparing menu items under supervision
- Advance management skills and supervisory duties
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be restaurant management or culinary arts undergraduate/graduate students OR a be recent graduates who begin program within 12 months of the graduation date
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold restaurant management or culinary arts degrees and have least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- Some culinary work experience is required
- Advanced English is required
- Must be able to work within a team, have a passion for cooking and serving customers, have a positive attitude, willing to continue to learn new recipes and methods
Host Company Description:
The host company is a traditional, family-oriented private country club with a proud history, rich traditions and commitment to the customs of southern hospitality and gracious living. As the premier, full-service private club in Central Virginia, the company shall provide excellent facilities, programs and services to serve the social, athletic and recreational needs of its members, their families and their guests. The international program is to provide interns with enhanced knowledge and skills that will complement interns’ academic program of study and prepare for a career in either the hospitality industry.